I have a Champion window with a broken seal. Not a problem for the technician to come and measure for a replacement (should have the measurements on file, however) but there is to be a $150.00 "travel charge".

Yes, the warranty does state that a "nominal" travel charge may be assessed under warranty window replacement. However, Champion's definition of "minimal" and mine differs by well over $100.00. A call to the Customer Care Supervisor at the Cincinnati headquarters resulted in the response: "it is what we have to do to offset gas, oil, maintenance, etc. I would think that the nearly $50,000 in business I generated for them from projects at my home and at a nearby commercial center might have generated a little leeway.

Not so!

Never again will I hire Champion nor recommend to my friends or business associates. If my fault for broken window, okay; warranty issue, not okay.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Good products and professional installation, Products and professional installation.

I didn't like: Customer service regarding travel charge for warranty service.

Comments

Indiana, United States #1340384

Same thing happened to us. $100 travel expense to replace a door handle that busted at a screw.

They can send us the piece to replace ourselves.

I should be charging them for the work we now have to do. Thanks a lot Champion.