map-marker Conyers, Georgia

No communication and no install

Around the end of June 2021, I met with a Champions Sunroom agent and arranged to install a 4 season Sunroom. I was told the install would be delayed till end of October first week November 2021. I said atleast youre giving me heads up. I paid 10k down as they required and Im still waiting. They said if I cancel they would take a percentage of my deposit though no work has been done.. not even permits
Brian B Zlp
map-marker Johnson City, Tennessee

Poor quality windows...shady business practices

I purchased a house with Champion Windows and a one year warranty was transferred to me. The windows were 10 years old and I ended up having to replace 13 due to foggy buildup. My warranty is up and I still have windows developing the same problem but now it's $350 for half a sash. AVOID CHAMPION WINDOWS

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Avoid these poorly made windows, go with someone else...

ThomasandLinda g
map-marker Columbus, Ohio

This was and still is a horrible company. Measured wrong. Had to put old windows back in. Sliding door couldn't be lockef. Promised help with moving furniture when they came back . only on man csme.

Sliding door would not lock and screen no handles . today installed a window with a large crack and blue tape on it. Yet NO compensation
Cons:
  • Cant measure or install properly

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do NOT BUY FROM CHAMPION

Joel C Hnx
map-marker New Hope, Minnesota

Service Still Not Complete and they want more money

Champion put all new windows in my home. 2 of them were damaged, and they wrapped two of my sky lights trims. The rep did this wrapping in 5 min, nailed it in place and then added a 965.00 charge to the account. 12 months later I get a bill from them stating after I got notice that my account was paid in full. They still have not fixed my sliding door which was damaged and they want payment. I would not recommend to anyone to use this company. An area manager called and stated he will not do anything for me until this is paid. I would love to get what I paid for but basically still have a damaged product and they want to send me to claims. Stay away from this company. Unprofessional, slow and sloppy.

Preferred solution: We come to an agreement on the service and product I was given. I feel like I have lost more time and money than has been owed.

User's recommendation: Never Use this company.

sharron h Ujv
map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Dishonest salesman

do not buy from this company!!!!! the salesman came out, counted our windows and then could not get us approved. then without our knowing it, he changed the count of our windows on the contract from 10 to 9 knowing we would be short a window. we think he did this for the commission not caring that when they came out with the windows 3 months later, we would be short one. it was obvious on the contract that he changed the numbers but champion would not make this right no matter what

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: go with eco-view. they did 10th window at half the price. there is not contract number on any of our paperwork but the salesmans name is mark mitchell and customer service number is 205444****

map-marker Marco Island, Florida

Ordered the wrong size door and could not be installed. Never contacted us about rectifying it, so we asked for our money back. Took them to court to get money back Employee lied under oath

as to what they would do to correct the problem .So we could not get a full refund as it says they have right to rectify it in your contract. This process took months and we had deposit of $4,000.00 we finally cancelled and could not receive a full refund. Employees are horrible non responsive.!!!! The guy lied in court and said he told us they were ordering another door but he never called us. We called and called them to try to correct problem.
map-marker Spanish Lake, Missouri

Totally unhappy

Ive been waiting two years to get my replacement door. Taken off work two whole days with no advance call they were not coming. Talked to a supervisor and was told even with my lost due to them they cannot waive the show up fee. This is *** poor service

User's recommendation: Be careful

Yolonda W Ipo

| map-marker Kansas City, Missouri

Unhappy with Champion Windows

I just had the windows installed six months ago. We really haven't had much cold weather yet this winter, but these windows are the pits, they do not keep the cold out. I set my thermostat at 78 degrees, because of these poorly insulated windows, it registers 68 degrees in my house. When I called to complain, I was told it would be up to 30 days before I even get a call back.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: You will not be happy.

Gilman A
map-marker Saint Paul, Minnesota

Very poor customer service will never use them again

We had champion install a four season sun room onto our house in April 2021. When the installation was almost complete we noticed that our Amana air unit installed by Champion was making a terrible grinding noise.

The salesman and the tech had never heard the sound before. We signed off on the deal and when we called Champion about the noise the rep said " too bad you have already signed off on the job " and we were on our own for getting the unit fixed. I did call Amana and resolved the issue. I did file a complaint with the cooperate office and the lady said she was sorry about the inconvenience and she connected me with the vice president of Champion but I had to leave a voice mail for her, I explained the problem and gave her my cell phone number and my e-mail address because the message said they would get back to me as soon as possible.

Well I've been waiting since April 2001 for the return call but I haven't received it yet. We have used Champion for our house windows , doors and siding on our garage and if we had any problems after the installation of these items a rep would come out in couple of days to fix the problem.

After the sunroom was installed we noticed some cracked lumber and loose windows. My wife called Champion and a rep was supposed to come out on May 1. 2001 at 1 pm.

No one showed up. We left numerous phone calls and text messages to Champion to let them know no one showed up. Finally a rep called back and apologized for the missed appointment but the rep assigned to our case had quit and they had no one to replace him. Why didn't they call to let us know what was going on.

The phone rep also told us they were training some new techs in to check on our concerns about our new sunroom and as soon as someone is trained in they will contact us and set up an appointment. Well today is November 7, 2001 and it has been seven months since the sunroom was built and no one has contacted us regarding this issue. We once again have been calling texting Champion for help and still no response.

We spent a lot of money on this sunroom and if I would have known this is the type of service we would be getting I would not have Champion install this sunroom for us. Gilman Aspenson

Pros:
  • Good product and install
Cons:
  • Poor follow up and concern for customer satisfaction

Preferred solution: We need an apology from Champion, and have them propose a solution and we should be getting a partial refund for this losey job they did.

User's recommendation: Don't buy anything from champion windwos

map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

No Response from Champion Windows

I emailed and left a voice mail with the headquarters of Champion Windows on February 11, 2022. No response. The windows are great; a patio door lock needs repair and I am not able to find someone to help.
Kathy G Fbc

| map-marker Colonie, New York

Closed office Albany ny

Waiting months for service technician. No call, no response. Nothing. Just keep waiting forever for nothing.
Pros:
  • I do like the windows
  • Slick sales pitch
Cons:
  • Poor warranty service
  • Do not back up what they guaranteed

Preferred solution: Windows repaired

User's recommendation: Never

Rick C Ovg
map-marker Denver, Colorado

They are trying to still my money

Contracted in March 2021 for door and sun room Nov 4th cancel the contract they had done NOTHING NO CALLS NOTHING so I canceled now they say they are going to keep my $20,000 down for doing NOTHING they do not return calls I guess I'm going to have to sue so SAD. Champion is NOT the company you think it is BEWARE!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor costumer service
  • Thief and liars
  • Sales person lied

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Find someone else

Taylan Yub

We are going through pretty much the same issues. My question is have you contacted a lawyer and what do they think are your chances of getting your money back from them?

We are dealing with their company in Chattanooga. We cannot get anyone to return my calls.

I have written them a letter and plan to cc a lawyer once I contact one. Thank you!

Gerhard A Own

Verified Reviewer

Bad customer service and false advertising

Updated by user Nov 21, 2021

This is a follow up from that post about a month ago. We did reach out to Champion windows of Chattanooga, they offered us a half baked apology stating it was fault of supply chain issues and covid related work force issues.

Who cares !!! Just get my windows and doors . They said factory in Ohio would be able to get our order finished in 3 wks. That was 4 wks ago and no communication from them them here at local office or from corporate office.

So once again we are paying on windows and doors that are overdo by 2 months already from promised date back in September.

I’m very frustrated and mad that once again that this stupid company uses every excuse to not get a product or service to its customers. I’m gonna wait til end of this month and file a complaint with my local B&B I will not recommend Champion windows and doors to anyone.

Original review Oct 22, 2021
Ordered windows and doors from Champion back in July 2021. Salesman said it would take 6-8 weeks to make windows since they are made at their factory in Ohio. Ok. Salesman said someone will call you and let you folks know once windows and doors are done. Its now late October 2021 and no one has called . We call Champion and talk to a very rude customer service rep who says order was put on hold. We asked to talk to supervisor or salesman. Salesman who sold us windows no longer there . Oh great let us speak to a supervisor. No we were told by service rep and Ill let supervisor call you. WTF? Finally got hold of a supervisor who stated order was not put in computer cause salesman failed to do it before he quit. We were told order would be put in and it would take longer than expected to come in another 8-12 weeks this time because of supply chain issues. What a crock of crap excuse!!!!! Weve been making monthly payments on these very expensive windows and doors because we were led to believe they were of good quality. We asked why were we not notified? Oh? it was a Computer glitch. Another lame excuse . I should have done more research and gone with another window company. It's too late to cancel . Lesson learned the hard way . Dont buy anything from Champion windows and doors of Chattanooga. They are a crooked and sketchy *** company.
Pros:
  • Slick sales pitch
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

Walter S Mqk

| map-marker Lenoir City, Tennessee

Poor communication, does not follow through, does not meet promises

On August 9th of this year, I contracted a project that I was told should be completed by November 1st. Here I am on November 10th and can not even get a phone call back on what the installation time or day will be. They promise me calls and updates, and I have had none. I have already been billed over $15,000 on this project and when I called customer service I got the usual BS about supplies and some issues with door measurements. Really, 3 months and they still have a problem with measurements. I had a job done by them about 30 years ago at my old house, and they were wonderful, but my experience now has been horrible.
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service
  • Installation

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Check out other companies

Ieasha Pkc
map-marker Miamisburg, Ohio

Post installation repair

I am beyond pissed and in utter disbelief that it has been almost 2 years since our siding installation and still have not had the numerous issues in poor workmanship resolved. We have a piece of siding still laying down on our back patio from where it has fallen off.

I had a piece of siding fall off the porch and just miss hitting me. The workers broke a window covering and left outside electrical outlets uncovered. Our downspouts were bent and the trim around the windows is warped.

I will be painfully honest when I say this complaint won't be acted on any quicker than anything else I have submitted to your company. We have lost all hope in Champion ever standing behind the warranty they falsely push to sell siding.

Your company should be ashamed.

Will not upload anymore images.

Your company has everything it needs from different "inspectors" coming out to look. Nothing ever comes of it.

User's recommendation: PLEASE!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK I WOULD SAY TO ANYONE THAT ASKED ME ABOUT YOUR COMPANY