Charles J Krc

Installed faulty product

The threshold they installed has rotted out, and they want me to pay $1500 to fix their mistake. This is an outrageous price.

Preferred solution: Repair of threshold. At least a reasonable price of repairs.

User's recommendation: Don't do business with champion window

map-marker Colorado Springs, Colorado

Sunroom and backyard

Champion Windows - Sunroom and backyard
Champion Windows - Sunroom and backyard - Image 2
Champion Windows - Sunroom and backyard - Image 3
Champion Windows - Sunroom and backyard - Image 4

I purchased a sunroom in February 2023 and the sunroom was completely in oct 20 . During the process they had a sub contractor come out and dug a big trench in my backyard and they left this in my backyard for 5 months and I complained about it so much but they still ignored my request but I got corporate involved and they got this situation resolved but in the meantime they destroyed my backyard and zero scape with a lot of dirt on top of the rocks and the grass was totally destroyed nothing but dirt.

Mr. Doug said they was going to take care of my yard but October is to get my yard fixed because its the winter months and he said we can take care of it the first of March but nothing has happened as of today and I talk to Mr.

Doug he said yes we going to get somebody out there but nothing and hes never got back with me and he want answer his phone and the voicemail is full. This is sad the way Champions take care of their customer.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Champions windows company

Gary S Kof

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

Sun Room broken door handle

My door handle is broken and the upper door retractable mechanism ripped off of the door post! My sales agreement and warranty are dated July 14, 2010 which means my warranty is good for another year! Several reps have come and looked at it and I was charged for the first visit! Now, they apparently have "blown" me off as I haven't heard anything for over several weeks! I WANT MY DOOR FIXED! DO NOT SEND ANOTHER REPRESENTATIVE!

User's recommendation: Don't buy from Champion Window

Shelbi Fbl
map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Did not get the windows I asked for

Salesman told me there were different size frames for my windows, there was one frame I defiantly did not want. What a surprise, that frame is the one they used. Now they tell me that was the only one that would work for my windows. So now I have to live with these ugly frames. So sad!

User's recommendation: Don’t use this company, gave me fabricated information. Then had terrible customer service.

Reise Opl
map-marker Akron, Ohio

I love my sunroom but customer service is the worst. My outside window frame was broken during the installation and no one will return my calls to let me know when it will be repaired.

I would like someone from the Cleveland office to call and let me know when they can repair by window frame.

User's recommendation: i would not recommend due to poor customer service

Jerry R Nwi

Poor service and unfinished work

We ordered our windows In Oct 2023 and after writing to the corporate office the next day they had our windows at the Tulsa warehouse ready to install the last week of Jan 2024 3 months waiting. After installing the windows, the factory did not make 1 window, they measured 1 window wrong, and our sliding door opens from the wrong side.

Plus the installers run out of the trim to finish the outside of the windows and never returned to finish the job and we are getting a lot of wind with rain.

Steve the regional manager called me saying our windows were coming in Feb 20, 2024 and I have never heard back from even after texting him. They got all our money PAID IN FULL but won't finish the work even when it's their mistake.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't use this company especially the Tulsa Okla office

DD Z

Poor customer service

The estimator came on11/4/2023 for a service. Never got back to us though we called the national and the local office again and again. On 02/23/2024 I called for a refund of the $119 fee. They quickly came up with a quote and denied the request. After almost four months, who would still need their service? I would never do any business with them again.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Poor quality and no service even if you pay

User's recommendation: Stay away

Jerry R Nwi

| map-marker Okmulgee, Oklahoma

Poor service and unfinished work

We ordered the windows in Oct 2023 and finally got them installed the last week in Jan 2024, but the factory didn't make 1 of our windows , they measured 1 window wrong and our sliding door opens from the wrong side. Installers run out of the trim for the outside of the windows and never came back to finish the job and with the wind blowing the rain all around some of them.

I got a call from the regional manage Steve saying my windows were coming in on Feb 20,2024 and never heard back from him even after texting him. They are still installing other customers windows but for some reason can't finish mine.

User's recommendation: Don't use this company especially the one located in Tulsa Okla

Featured
Kristi R Tpb

Verified Reviewer

This company will ruin the value of your home and still demand payment even if they walk away from the job.

Champion Windows - This company will ruin the value of your home and still demand payment even if...
Champion Windows - This company will ruin the value of your home and still demand payment... - Image 2
Champion Windows - This company will ruin the value of your home and still demand payment... - Image 3
Champion Windows - This company will ruin the value of your home and still demand payment... - Image 4
Updated by user Apr 25, 2023

The company has not responded to our attorney’s letter regarding this matter. The case has been turned over from the licensing board to the Attorney General Criminal Division. We also found out our windows are not NFRC certified for being energy saving, which is what...

Updated by user Mar 26, 2023

We have filed a complaint forms with the licensing bureau, AG of Michigan, AG of Indiana, and Better Business Bureau. We have reached out to the local office, who sent the letter, with very little help. My husband did speak to a manager who admitted they send these...

Original review Mar 26, 2023
We entered into a contract 4/1/21 with Champion Windows to replace all of our windows. The windows arrive to be installed in August 2021, but half of them did not fit so they had to be reordered.

In addition to them not fitting we question the actual workmanship of the window sashes. The welding was bad, there was plastic that was cut in certain spots that was sharp on handles, there were gaps, holes, and many more issues with the actual quality of the product. Over the course of the next 6 to 7 months the company came to install the windows that have been ordered only to find out that windows have been ordered the wrong size again. I think we had a total of five or six service visits where they attempted to install windows, they did not fit, and none of the windows were still fitting.

When they came to install the windows at the second service appointment they actually took all of our old windows out, so even the sashes that did not fit were left despite the fact that there were gaps and areas visible to the outdoors because they were so small. They attempted to fix it with blue painters, tape around all of the edges of our windows for months because they could not get the measurements correct. It was during winter and to date we have many bad drafts with the windows. Things became so out of hand that in December 2021 we met with the regional manager who came from Ohio to our home in Michigan to look at the windows where he agreed the quality of the product and the lack of correct sizes were so bad he agreed to re-order every single sash for every single window and promised they would be fully inspected for quality before they left the factory.

We attempted to communicate with them for the next few months wondering where the windows were and then we were finally told in the middle of March they had arrived and were inspected and a service man came on March 15 to install them and guess what they didnt fit. At that point we continue to question if it could be the actual frames because the installation on the very first attempt did not go so well because they did things very poorly so we are wondering if maybe the frames themselves were wrong. On March 15, The manager said he would figure out what he would do next and let us know. We did not hear back from him so we contacted another manager who told us to please make a list of everything that still needed to be done, which we did and we sent to them on March 23, 2022.

It was a Google Docs so we have verification they did view it. We have not heard from them since. We attempted to reach out to them numerous times, and all of our text messages, phone calls and emails went unanswered. In our contract it stated that we would pay upon completion of the job.

Our contract did state the job would be completed within 1 to 5 business days after it started and we gave them grace on that, but after 2 months of not hearing from them (over 7 months from the date of the first install) we called an attorney who told us to just wait for them to call us because they are the ones breaching the contract with walking away from the job. 4 days ago we received a letter in the mail, 12 months after they stopped all forms of communication with us, demanding we sign a completion form and pay $13,000. The letter also stated at the completion of the job was March 14, 2023. They have not spoken to us since March 23, 2022.

Due to issues that we had at the beginning of the process with them I documented everything, videos, photos, emails, and I even have signed documentation from service workers about things that are wrong. The demand letter states that they are to receive the signed completion form, which was not even included in the package they sent, and the payment by March 28, 2023.
The photos I attached are just of quality as the videos I have show everything else. Every single window looks like a kindergartener built and installed it. My son even cut his hand opening his window last year and they sent a service guy early 2022 to file all of the sharp spots, as we were told it would void our warranty if we did it.

It did not fix all of the sharp areas. We even had a service tech sign a letter with all of the things wrong because he said they were not fixable and we should request all new sashes and frames.

We asked for caulk we could paint as we were doing a home remodel and were painting trim and they failed to do that. We also requested silicone that matched the trim when they were installing the frames in August 2021 and the guy said all he had was clear and refused to stop a job to go get the correct color silicone and told us no worries it would be fine and clearly it is not.
Loss:

Preferred solution: A letter stating we have a zero balance, so that we can hire a company to replace all of these windows. We even had to buy a new furnace because the drafts were so bad that we needed something that was more efficient.

User's recommendation: Stay away!!! Do not use them! No matter what company you use keep track of every detail of everything that happens. Everything needs to be in writing and documented.

Sijifredo C

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

Horrible service and response from Champion Windows

Horrible service and response from Champion Windows
Has been over a year and I have not gotten proper windows installed. Champion came and measured window openings built the windows and 4 months later came and installed. Windows did not fit properly. Since Champion personnel have been here to measure twice but windows have not been installed and Champion reps do not even update, contact or answer emails.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Wrong measurements
  • Incorrect install & unresponsive

Preferred solution: Proper Installation and concessions due to time and effort to try and get someone from Champion to act or respond.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Champion Windows, Horrible service

Brandy J Nnr

THEY KEEP MAKING EXCUSES TO NOT REPLACE MY SIDE DOOR THEY IN

THEY INSTALLED MY DOORS 3 YRS AGO. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY SIDE DOOR REPLACED. IT WAS WAS BENT. THEY STILL INSTALLED THE DOOR. ALL THEY DO IS SEND A TECH OUT AND TRY AND FIX IT. THEN I WAS IN CONTACT WITH JAN. SHE ASKED MY HUSBAND FOR A CHANCE TO GET THE DOOR FIXED THAT WAS IN FEBRUARY. HERE WE ARE IN NOVEMBER AND I JUST PLACED ANOTHER WORK ORDER. NO ONE HAS BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ME. CHAMPION WAS A BIG HUGE MISTAKE. I PAID THEM 19,000 FOR A CRAP JOB DONE. ZERO COMMUNICATION. VERY BAD COMPANY IF I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK AND GIVE THEM ALL THE WINDOWS AND DOORS I WOULD. NOT HAPPY AT ALL
Cons:
  • Poor costumer service they do not return calls or follow through

Preferred solution: Price reduction

map-marker Logan, Ohio

Service

We purchased 15 windows and they were installed in August. One of the windows was 5inchs to small after they measured twice before coming to do install.

The tech's called as soon as they found the problem and spoke to their boss and we were told that we would have the correct window in 4to 6 weeks . After calling many times and getting the run around and needing to call someone else and still nothing, I understand why they give a lifetime warranty , because it will be a lifetime to get what we have already paid for.

So after several months we still do not have the window we paid for! Would not and will not recommend this company to do anything, the service is a joke

User's recommendation: Not at all

Theresa B Jyg

| map-marker Duluth, Georgia

Delay in French door installation and harassment for more money after deposit remitted

We previously utilized champion windows for two prior properties. We were advised that a new French door would be required at our town home in Athens.

We contracted for a new French door and paid over a $3000 deposit at the end of July 2023. We had a verbal contract from our sales associate that the door would be installed no later than September 2023. We had received HOA approval via the president, Mr. Guptas prior to interacting with a sales agent.

Currently, we are being harassed for an additional $3000 even though we are advised that our door will not be available until the second week of December.

We will not be paying additional funding until our door is installed and we are requesting a 20% discount for the unprofessionalism experienced out of the Atlanta office. Repeat customers should not be treated so disrespectfully, and we have lost all confidence in champion windows ability to deliver the French door that we purchased.

User's recommendation: Please see other companies for doors and windows

Randy N Vun

Bad service. Need 2windows and storm door adjustment

No one will return my calls. Need to talk with someone. If necessary from main office to get someone attention

Preferred solution: Been leaving messages now 3times. No one will call back

map-marker Grand Island, Nebraska

Need a few window adjustments. Trying to have someone call us back for a least two weeks now to set appointment. Left 4 messages for call back , NO RESPONSE

Can not get anyone to call back after leaving 4 messages in two weeks one window wont stay up, bugs are getting in another. And front storm door sticking shut

User's recommendation: Find a better window company

map-marker Denver, Colorado

CON ARTIST AT THE VERY WORST

CW failed to measure sliding patio door correctly. Now they refuse to return over $3000 I paid and I am unable to change size of doorway without HOA approval.

I just want my money back .

When CW realized the size of foot was larger, Sales rep, Travis Tower called me asking for an additional 1200.00. I declined and just wanted to cancel contract and get 1065.00 paid returned. On a different day, Sales rep, Travis Tower indicated CW would honor quoted price for new size door. I agreed to proceed.

And thereafter made two additional 1065.00 payments. Believing CW was doing the right thing by installing the correct size door.

I keep talking to different managers which are all sales people, and they fail to return my money. They all have different stories as to whose fault this is. I was originally told correct door size would be installed and I was lied to.

They were planning to piecemeal the project by just installing the smaller door. Fortunately I was home and realized what they were considering. Installers also complained because they were not given all materials. CW lie to customers and apparently do not prepare installers.

I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT A SMALLER DOOR WOULD BE INSTALLED. sales person just kept confirming that new size door would be installed.I signed an addendum and never received a copy of it..I was told that the original price quoted would cover the new size door since they failed to measure correctly. Now, spoke with managers who have admitted mistakes made and want to penalize me. By taking 30%.

This was ONLY their fault.

I just wanted a new sliding door for my foster kiddos and aging parents.

This has been a horrific experience.

Bottom line : I want a full complete refund. It has been more than 3 months and they still have my money and no manager is taking responsibility for this debacle service

User's recommendation: Stay away from this comp

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article