Craig W Fak

Product ordered

Order replacement glass for storm door in July, couple months later, Champion does not know the status of my order or wont tell me. Customer service wont call you back as promised. You're left with a decent product but horrible customer service. Called customer service, gave me the 888 number and said it was a direct line. All the numbers, local and national, funnel your calls into one automated run around.
Pros:
  • Quality product
Cons:
  • Customer service is nonexistant

Preferred solution: I would like to know the current status of my order

User's recommendation: Anywhere else

Resolved
Eric T Fyf

| map-marker Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky

Resolved: Issues leading to cancellation

Updated by user Dec 29, 2022

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Original review Jun 29, 2022
I am requesting to speak with an upper-level customer service manager concerning issues I encountered during the pre-installation process that led to my cancellation. I have attempted to contact the local manager over the last several days, but I have not received a call back.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Waiver of 30% cancellation fee due to employee impropriety

Guest

It sounds as if you have passed beyond the calling stage and must now proceed to placing your case in writing. Serve correspondence via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

If your beef is $24, forget it. If it's 'impropriety' you didn't tell us exactly what that allegedly was. If it's the usual 'somebody didn't smile at me' baloney, forget it. If somebody tried to grapple your wife, that's different.

It's a police matter and you've wasted a lot of time already. Don't just have some stupid beef about who said what to whom when, get a life.

Liliana Q

| map-marker Doraville, Georgia

Champion Failed - Will NEVER recommend - Extremely Poor Customer Service

We signed a contract for a 14x14 sunroom costing $54K on 10/26/21 & you immediately got paid $24.5K from GreenSky. I called Lyle, the salesperson, on 04/25 & sent him a text.

Not hearing back from him & wanting to know the status, I then called on 04/26/22 the local office in my area for an update b/c I needed to remove trees & power wash the house to prepare for the sunroom. When speaking with Wesley on 04/26 he adv'd that they were waiting on HOA approval. I was stunned as I had sent that on 12/12/21 and again on 03/23/22 when requested by Lyle the salesperson for a 2nd time. I had many conversations with various people for a week b/c I was so frustrated no one was able to give me an appropriate answer with regards to proper customer service or on this project as to why no one followed up with me.

Here we were accruing interest on a pmt of $24.5K and nothing to show for it. What is shocking is that if I don't call to inquire about the status of the project, was anyone EVER going to contact us? When finally they started working on it b/c I called again on 05/03, I was told on 05/05 that the sunroom could not be built b/c my county won't approve it b/c of the septic tank & lines. I was so devastated that I couldn't control my tears.

Almost 7 months waiting for my sunroom only to be told NO. All this aggravation could have been avoided if CHAMPION would have done its job & showed great service to the customer by getting the permits first and advising us on the project. Have no idea how your staff didn't checkout the issue with our septic system first. Not the salesperson nor the person that came out to do the remeasure.

Most of the people I talked to were dismissive and not helpful with this whole ordeal. I shall never recommend CHAMPION to anyone & will advise to go with someone else. This whole experience has been dreadful & disappointing. As one of your employees advised, it is my purview to tell people of my experience.

Your company is EXTREMELY lacking in customer service. As of today, over a week later, we are still waiting for our refund from GreenSky. As the customer, we did what we were told. You, as the supplier of a service, failed miserably on every turn.

You got paid a good amount of money immediately and we got nothing but excuses when, again, I contacted your company. I now have a desk & bookshelf in our garage that cannot be used. So many ideas for this sunroom for the last 7 months that will NEVER come to pass. It is scary to think that if I had not called on 04/26, when exactly were you going to contact me about your failures?

I hope no one ever goes through what we went through with your company. I am in the customer service industry and you are not.

I strongly believe that CHAMPION could have done so much more for us but you chose not to even entertain the idea of what can you do to provide great service.

Do not see a contract number on the contract just a contractors license. Everyone at the local office knows about this contract/project.

Cons:
  • Poor customer service

User's recommendation: No recommendation

Guest

You don't know where your septic tank is ? Heaven help you if you have underground electrical installations.

What about the natural gas pipe easements ? HOA ? (gag)... Water pipes ?

Drains ? The county ? Did you do any homework at all ? Remember the phrase "suitable for usage".

Hope you got your money back even though its value has shrunken during the current administration. Who is Green Sky ? It's not worth tears regardless. Devastated ?

You may be in customer service but you have never been to war or seen the results of a major hurricane or tornado. Save big words for big events.

Samuel C Hvj

| map-marker Gaffney, South Carolina

SEVEN HALF SCREENS SHORT,ORDERED 14 WINDOWS,

On Oct.25,2021 we ordered 14 replaced windows with half screens in tan color.On Feb. 24,2022 windows were installed but seven(7) half screens were missing.

We were advised by saleman,mr. james a burk that he would order the seven half screens that were missing. On march 26,2022 james a. burts brought and installed 7 flex screens on windows.

Mr. burts was advised by Vera & I that the flex screens was not what we paid for and were not the tan half screens we ordered. Mr. burts stated he would remove these flex screens(cheap) and reorder our 7 half screens.Mr.

Burts has not been trueful with us and has not done anything he said he would do .

We are senior citizens and believe we have been taken advantage of by Mr. Burts.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not deal with champion windows.

Samuel C Hvj

On july 7th,2022 Ashley with champion windows called and stated that mr. Matt Sutton,rep.

would come to our home on july 14th to measure our seven windows for missing half screens. Mr. sutton did arrive and measured the windows and stated that he would put a rush order on the half screens and have them in four to six weeks, Due by Aug. 11th or Aug.25th.

We are waiting to see if he was trueful. My wife and I have been lied to by all the reps at champion windows, saying that the half windows were ordered and would be in by june 1st.

reply icon Replying to comment of Samuel C Hvj

"trueful" ? Not in the dictionary.

View more comments (1)
Lawrence C Thb

| map-marker Irmo, South Carolina

Replacement of glass sliding doors

I am sending this message because it has been approx.: one and a half years since my first contact to have the doors replaced. I realize that COVID-19 may have caused some issues with parts and service.

However, I see service trucks traveling around in my area.

I have paid for my sunroom and owe no more payments. I truly believe if I owed your company any more payments, you would not tolerate my behavior of not paying and unable to contact me.

All I am requesting, is that you as a business honor your commitment to replace the doors/windows on the lifetime of my sunroom.

I do not believe i am asking too much and I am trying to be very patient about this matter. I have no order or contract ID due to no one at Champion Windows will assist me.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter.

Kristi R Tpb

| map-marker Benton Harbor, Michigan

1 year later and we still do not have all of our windows.

Champion Windows - 1 year later and we still do not have all of our windows.
Original review Mar 20, 2022

We purchased 11 windows April 1, 2021 and we were told 10 to 12 weeks and after 12 weeks we reached out to them many times with no communication back to us. We understand delays, but this is ridiculous.

When they finally arrived, most of them were wrong. A year later, 6 failed installations, Over 100 text messages of failed promises, over 30 unreturned phone calls, rude installers, installers and managers telling us the windows are bad and the quality is bad yet wont help, and many days of having to stay home from work we only have two correct windows and nobody will help us. I am going to file a class action lawsuit and seeking attorney.

We also plan to go to small claims court if it does not interfere with a class action lawsuit. $12,000 down the drain.

Cons:
  • Rude installers
  • Bad customer service
  • Buy now or else

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not use this company! You will regret it

Chris H Pvn

| map-marker Colorado Springs, Colorado

I'm confused.

We found out after the fact that Champion couldn't make a window that we wanted. After the fact, meaning after the install.

I mentioned that that particular window was wrong. It was installed (poorly by the way) anyway with no regard to our concern. I asked Champion what's up and they said that they couldn't make a window like that.

So, you're telling me that a nationwide window manufacturing company, that can make a bay window, a bow window, a casement, an awning, a single hung, a slider, in several different colors and sizes, curved windows, windows with or without grids, can't seem to figure out how to make a left main opener slider? Ok then.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Think twice.

Eileen B Xrc

| map-marker Somerset, Kentucky

Horrible customer service

We had 16 windows replaced, roughly around 22K. The installers did a very poor job and when we called to have the issues fixed, we get appointments, take off work, and they never show up! Plus a screen door that was custom ordered, don't have it yet. Order placed in February 7th, still not completed as of 7/11/22. No one will answer our calls.
Cons:
  • Never show up for appointment to correct issues

Preferred solution: I would like the door I ordered installed and my window ledges fixed!!!!!

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company

Guest

All you have done is call ? Inadequate. I hope you haven't handed these people any money.

Melvin S Ydk
map-marker Warrior, Alabama

Bad product and customer service

They had to have a second crew come out and try to fix all the issues. They didnt insulate the windows or mount them correctly. Also they have measured one window wrong three times and they still have not put it in I tried to cancel it and they said I would still have to pay full price for it Buyers beware!
Cons:
  • Lousy service
  • Never show up for appointment to correct issues
  • Poor costumer service

User's recommendation: Use someone else

Roy E Lhb
map-marker Tulsa, Oklahoma

Been waiting for 5 months ( March 10,2022) for our doors and windows .

Never buy from Champion at all. Waiting on doors for 5 months can't get any time frame for delivery. Customer service sucks , it's a joke!!! These people couldn't run a lawn sprinkler, much less a business. NEVER BUY FROM CHAMPION WINDOWS EVER !!! i GIVE THEM A RATING from 1 TO 10 IT WOULD BE -12. The sales guy said 4 to 8 weeks it would be complete, Yeah BULL HOCKEY !!!
Cons:
  • Poor install and communications
  • Customer service is nonexistant
  • Poor costumer service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: never buy from these people

Guest

I hope you did not make the cardinal error of paying these people already.

map-marker Salem, Oregon

Horrible customer service!

I was told that I'd have a replacement window delivered about six months after calling multiple times and speaking to multiple people and even sending pictures of the cracked window (from the cold and heat most likely).

I was promised a replacement window only to take a whole day away from work to have a Champion Window rep take a damn photo of a bar code and take more pictures of the same window I had already submitted pictures of six months before.

I could have done six months ago what this guy drove an hour to do. What a waste of time, gas, and money sending this guy to do what I could have done in a few seconds!

Champion owes me a day's salary I missed earning to sit at home and wait for my window to NOT be delivered as promised.

I'd have NEVER agreed to lose a day of work for a damn photo I could have taken!

The people I spoke with don't even know if there's anyone I can voice my complaints to. They work for Champion but don't know anything about Champion or the website they constantly refer their customers to.

Go to Anderson Windows or some other company and save yourself the frustration.

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere to buy your windows. Champion is too frustrating to work with.

Guest

You are correct,champion window reps. will not tell the truth,will make up lies and refuse to answer your calls.

phillip a Meq

| map-marker Doraville, Georgia

Install / sales Rep. complaint.

My windows were installed on 5-5-2022 and I didn't pay the balance due because of the following. The sales rep failed to explain the installation process which resulted in the new windows extending 3-4 inches inside the window opening.

Since I have Plantation blinds they no longer fix within the window opening. if I was advised of this before hand I would have considered another type of window or waited until I was able to afforded the additional cost for different blinds/drapes. I spoke with a person name James ( unknown position with the local office) and he more or less gave me the brush off and concluded the conversation that they would place a lien on my property. I realize there is a balance due however, for customer service some consideration should be given for the failure of the sales rep.

fully explaining the install process and as a results I'm stuck with incurring thousands of dollars to put my house back as it was prior to these windows.

I question if I will get a reply since by the complaints I've reviewed you have a very poor rating. Just so you know I held on the phone for 45 minutes and no one came to the phone.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Window quality
Cons:
  • Unresponsivness
  • Unprofessional
  • Very poor customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Make sure you know whaat you are geting

Michael J Qhu
map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Horrible customer service

I ordered a window, after two weeks of no one coming to measure the new window to have it built I started making phone calls. I tried contacting the salesman, I tried contacting the service reps supposedly that were there for immediate contact for your concerns.

No one wanted to call us back, no one had any clue what was going on and if we did get any responses it was we will have someone call you and that someone never did. Finally after over 4 weeks later I was able to talk to the installation manager, only to find out my order had just been put in 3 weeks later then what we paid for and that the window cannot be measured to even be built for another almost two weeks. On top of that because its a special window it will take 16-24 weeks to complete when we were told no more then 10 weeks. So we are sitting here with a window we paid for that has yet to be measured 5 weeks later and has a 4-6 month lead time to even be built.

The salesman after they make the sales could care less about you. They are onto the next customer. They make promises they have zero intention of keeping and will not return any inquiries you try to make.

Its been the worst experience with a company we have ever dealt with. Just awful!

Pros:
  • Good product and install
Cons:
  • Poor follow up and concern for customer satisfaction

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Beware what they promise

Tom K Gaa

| map-marker Santa Clara, California

Ordered an entry door 8/9/21. No door, no calls.

Terrible customer service. I ordered an entry door in August. We have not received the door and NO ONE calls to provide an update or even a callback.
Cons:
  • Customer service is nonexistant

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: AVOID!! If their customer service is this bad before installation, image how bad it will be if you have issues.

LISA S Qjc
map-marker Fort Wayne, Indiana

Do not want someone else to go thur what we are going thur

Original review Apr 24, 2022

orders 16 replacement window 3/21--finally got an install date 8/21 after repeated calls and no answers. then got a call that the warehouse/factory that is Champion owned-- but no one can talk to someone-- made all of the windows the wrong color and they would have to remake them.

Finally in Nov 22 they were ready to get installed and guess what they lost ??? 5 window. Still waiting for the last of my windows to be installed.

DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THEM COMPANY. No one will call you---even if you get the speak to someone they can not tell you anything because NO ONE can talk with the factory.

Pros:
  • Get 3rd party install
Cons:
  • Commuication--customer service
  • Customer service and timeline for product delivery
  • Total experience with this company

Preferred solution: I want the rest of my windows installed ---an Apology and a price refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING