Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Champion Windows in Minneapolis, Minnesota - What up with the sign in the yard Dad?

*** guys in a car driving around the area made me go around the block as I drove down me street. I came back around and found a Champian Window sign in my yard! No idea who they are or why they put a sign in my yard. I did an internet search on the phone number on the sign. Only hit was a "who called me" website. No idea if they do good or bad work but I'm not impressed so far. Sign is in the garbage today and I wont be calling them for service any time soon.
Loss

Champion Windows sales and installation

We ordered two large slider windows. The salesman said he would put a rush on it because our contractor was already starting the work on the room they were going in. It said on the contract 5-7 weeks. 7 weeks goes buy - still no windows! 8 weeks - again no windows! we tried to call and cancel and they threatened us with a law suit. They said they were "custom made" - baloney! They were standard windows according to their quote sheet. Finally, they came in and installment date set. They were supposed to be here between 8 and 8:30 am. 11:00 rolls around and they showed up. They used our contractor's tools - had the audacity to complain about the brand of tools. They broke our contractors saw blade – made no mention of it. Lucky he checked it because when they used it he saw a piece of wood go flying across the room. Champion window guy said – sorry. He made no effort to replace it. I stated to him that it would be in his best interest to replace it. They left that day and the job wasn't even complete. They came back the following Monday to complete the job. They did bring a saw blade to replace what they broke. I find it to be very unprofessional to use other contractors tools, especially without asking. They even used our ladder without asking! What's up with that? Would I ever get another Champion Window? No Never!

Absolutely not. Don't buy them.

My Champion Windows noise level control is excellent. I see a big different in the comfort level of my home. The only problem I have is that I did not see any improvement on my electric or gas bill also the cost of the windows were over priced.

i am considering buying 3 new doors from champion would you recommed them

View more comments (4)

Champion windows ripoff

After having his know nothing relative install my windows, with the wind blowing in his face in front of the newly installed windows, the manager denied having any responsibility for this. Manager even asked me if I would buy more windows OMG. When I said no, he refused to do anything about the problem. My old windows were better than the new expensive ones. I have been cold ever since. I was only trying to conserve on heat. I am so sorry and wish I would have kept the old ones. People, please dont give these any more chances to give you less than poor service

In the interest of full disclosure, let me first say that I am a GM for a competitor of Champion.

To be fair, many of the complaints regarding install quality and service probably have more to do with individual franchisees than with Champion's corporate policies. In general, Champion has a decent reputation, nationally, for quality and customer service.

That said, anyone who is truly familiar with the types of products they sell, and honest in their evaluation, could tell you that you can buy very similar products in any major market from very reputable home improvement companies for half to a third of the price. And, you won't have to endure the Champion 2-3 hour, high-pressure sales pitch.

Never buy the $189 dollar cheapy, unless you're just an investor flipping houses and quality is not an issue. In most of America, one should be able to purchase an excellent quality vinyl replacement window with Low-E glass and argon gas, for an average price of $350-$600 installed -- depending, of course, on size and options. Champion, and others like them, will hit you for $1,200-$1,500 per windows if they can. And, if you don't ***, they'll try to make you feel like you're getting a great deal at $900. Don't ***. It isn't worth it.

Some of these companies will try to justify their pricing by adding such things as Krypton gas, Heat Mirror or triple-pane glazing. Don't fall for it. While there is some small amount of benefit from these products, the advent of better performing Low-E coatings have greatly minimized the advantages. And, if they double or triple the price of the products, you'll never recoup the difference in energy savings.

If you're looking for a good window installation company in your area, I would suggest talking to home improvement companies in non-competing industries. When I was in sales, I always knew who the best companies were for specialties other than my own, because customers love to brag when they've been pleased with previous contractors.

Hope this advice proves helpful.

I am so sorry to hear people are still getting ripped off by this ridiculous company and I have lost faith in the BBB. They are probably being paid off by these kinds of companies. I wish there was a way to shut these people down!

We had two windows and a patio door put in by Champion in 2000. Only the small window was installed correctly and then the sill was cracked. The kitchen window leaks air just as if it were open. I have to put plastic over it to keep the cold out in winter. I called to complain and a guy came out and said that someone would get fired over this but they were never fixed. Subsequent calls to them produced "we have too many new customers to take care of" and we could never get them to come back out. We tried one more time the other day and the guy was exceptionally rude and stated that it had been 10 years. So much for their worthless warranty.

They are only interested in new suckers and do not back up their work, their worthless warranty or their reputation. I have two family members who replaced all of their windows using another company on my advice. I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone and will tell everyone exactly why. DO NOT get ripped off. The BBB rating is a joke for this company.

I am replacing the kitchen window and will replace the others as soon as I can. Thank God I was not foolish enough to replace ALL of my windows with theirs.

We are looking to buy french doors and Champion had really nice looking ones that would lead to the outside for a patio. Who else does this work and is very good at it?

I had Champion rep out and could not get rid of them. They claim that they are the BEST and can not stand behind their products.

They will only install to your exiting window and will not replace bad wood.

and if anything goes wrong they will blame it on your house. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY: CHAMPION WINDOWS.

CHAMPION WINDOWS/PATIO ENCLOSURE: IF YOU WANT CHEAP. BUY CHAMPION OTHERWISE SPEND THE MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT WILL LAST LONGER AND IS BETTER QUALITY. TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

CHAMPION WINDOWS: DO NOT BUY OR EVEN CALL A REPERSENTIVE OUT TO Y0UR HOUSE. THEY CLAIM THAT THE WINDOW ARE 365 DAYS GLASS IS THE BEST. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE TYPE OF WINDOWS IN THE 1800'S.

I had a patio enclosure installed by Champion and was sued by them because they could not install the patio enclosure correctly and took three tries and we told them we had enough. So the Company manager sued us and we are still fighting and can't get them to understand that there products are JUNK. Do not buy anything from this company.

Diane -- in what area of the company do you live?

View more comments (8)
Review
Underhand Sales tactics -- they will give you the hardest selling job in your home because they are under pressure to sell at the highest cost. Their list price is an unrealistic price 50% over what they must leave for the quoted price at the end of the call. They call...

I was strong armed into buying a window door and storm door. after I was promised it would all be in approx.

Christmas time, (ordered in Nov) my order came in February. (Thats close to December) As they were putting in the storm door I said it was the wrong door. They put it in anyways and told me to talk to DAVE. I said this to DAVE numerous times.

Each time he said yes I know but in a rude way and brushed me off. Then an inspector for the city came to check it out and said this is right. What are they going to do about this. I said I don't know, i don't put in doors for a living.

I called DAVE told him about the inspector and the fact the storm door was wrong. He told me he was coming to make sure it right. He didn't show. I refused to give them the rest of what I owed them until they made the storm window right.

They had a a guy call me and yell at me for 25 minutes that I was in the wrong. He wasn't here for any of the sale or installation and that he does 10,000 doors a year and I am the first problem he has ever had. I live in a townhouuse with an association. There are many storm doors here and ALL look the same.

The salesman even commented on them to me. But according to the guy with the long title said I never showed him one of the doors myself so I am fault. The sales person talked to me at length about the storm door.

please stay away from this company. learn from my $5,000 mistake.

Loss
I had Champion out to our home to provide a free estimate. The sales person was rude and insisted that we place an order that evening or we would not be able to get the Bogus sale price. We placed an order just to get him out of our home and called to cancel the next...

Tom: ALL vinyl windows have weep holes because all vinyl windows do get water into the tracks and they have to have a weep system to allow this water to escape. I have sold and serviced many windows thru the years and every mfg I have dealt with has weep holes.

Champion makes a very good product..I'd say in the top 1/3 of vinyl windows. Put a Champion frame next to a Jeld Wen or Alside--no comparison.

Review
I recently contacted Champion for quotes, but had to call and cancel prior to the appointment. I told them I would contact them at a later date and reschedule. Now I am being continually harassed by one of their employees. It's the same lady and each time she...

I have had a very good experience with Champion, I live in Ky with very strange weather. Never a problem. If I need replacement parts, I go and get them and install myself.